Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Parenting Kryptonite

Just in case you are wondering why I haven't been around as much lately, (not that I have ever been one of those amazing blogger types who posts every day... but I was on a nice roll until just recently) it is because the dreaded stomach flu has hit our house once again. It just seems to keep coming in waves. As soon as I think we are in the clear, and I have tidied and sanitized the house, it rears its ugly head once more and the battle resumes. It's not much of a battle, though. We're always on the losing side of things. As exhausting as this is, I am thankful for one thing: my awesome husband! Thankfully, Brett is much better equipped than I am to deal with the stomach flu. I think that this must be why God gives children two parents, so that one can take over when the other is incapacitated.

I'll spare you the disgusting details of what has transpired off and on over the past couple of weeks and just say that I can deal with most anything parenting dishes out at me, some things better than others, of course. There is one thing, however, that continues to be a disabling weakness for me: vomit. Ugh. I don't even like the word. I try so, so hard to be there for my little ones while they are getting sick, but it's difficult to even be in the same room with someone who is throwing up. Brett actually yelled at me to get out a few nights back while Mia, poor baby, was getting sick. I am all but useless when it comes to cleaning up vomit because I have such a sensitive gag reflex that I very nearly join in with sympathy to their plight.

This, folks, is my "parenting Kryptonite." So, now that you all know my weakness, I hope you will not send any sick children my way. I'd love to help you, but I'll be in the other room.

No comments:

Post a Comment