Monday, December 31, 2012

"Holy Koalas!" (and Other End of the Year Quotes)

Okay, it's more than a couple of months worth... but they're worth reading.

August 17, 2012
Mia: "Holy koalas!" (yelled after a bunch of birds landed on the neighbor's roof)

August 17, 2012
A discussion I had with Logan before bedtime when he wanted to sleep on the sofa and I was trying to get him to go upstairs:
Me: "You can't sleep down here. You don't have a pillow."
Logan: "You can bring Lightning McQueen pillow downstairs."
Me: "I can't do that. He likes to sleep upstairs."
Logan: "Him not 'live (alive), Mom."  (And that is why you can't try to rationalize with a 2 year old.)

August 19, 2012
When I woke her up in the morning, I told Mia that we were going to the contemporary church service and that Daddy and I were wearing jeans. Mia replied, "Well, I'm wearing a dress and a purple tiara and wings." (As if I would argue with that.)

August 19, 2012
Mia was in the bathtub pouring suds onto a wash cloth when she told me, "Mom, this is called 'waffle wash,' usually for washing waffles, but I don't wash my waffles." (Okay. Good to know.)

August 20, 2012
Mia was getting ready for bed and she was combing her freshly washed hair.
Mia: "Mom, do you know why I'm combing my hair?"
Me: "Uh huh."
Mia: "Because it's got frills and things." (Obviously.)

August 25, 2012
It was sweet to hear that Logan's favorite part of his 3rd birthday party was "all my friends."

September 5, 2012
Logan said the following while making his own sandwich at lunchtime:
"Peanut butter... Check! Bread... Check! Jelly... Check! 

September 9, 2012
Mia: "I know what chicken pox are. They're spots with chickens on them!"

September 11, 2012
Mia: "Mom, there's a boy in my class (tap) and he's older than everyone else!"
Me: "Thank goodness you're only five. Otherwise, I would be worried."

September 22, 2012
Mia: "Mom, when you tell me good night, you have to say, 'Good night, Miss Princess.'" (Thank goodness she doesn't have any delusions of grandeur.)

October 13, 2012
Mia: "Mom, I'm washing my hand with Ritzy's tongue!" (said after eating a caramel apple)

October 19, 2012
Logan: "We go somewhere fun now? With lots of Logans?"
Me: "Yes, we're going somewhere fun with other kids."
Logan: "I want to take the flashlight."
Me: "We're not taking the flashlight."
Logan: "You flash everyone?" (Hahahahahaha. I'm dying here. Anyone else?)

October 29, 2012
After catching Logan feeding the dog veggies underneath the table:
Me: "Please don't feed the dog."
Logan: {smiles} "I sharing!"

November 26, 2012
Mia: "Hey, Logan! Guess what my shirt says?"
Logan: "I don't know. I can't spell letters."
Mia: "Big sister!"

November 29, 2012
Logan: "This cup been glued. {Flips it over to show me the bottom.} It was stickin' to the table."

November 29, 2012
Me: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Logan: "A bird."
Me: "Anything else?"
Logan: "No, just a bird."

December 10, 2012
After hearing my phone, which was set on vibrate, receive a text message, Logan looked at me and asked, "Is that a cow?"

December 16, 2012
Logan was trying to negotiate his way out of time-out so that he could watch Brett play Angry Birds.
Me: "Sorry, it doesn't work that way."
Logan: "But they're ANGRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment