Saturday, June 9, 2012

Baby Mine

It seems like I have been way, way too busy to sit down and post anything lately, but here is a little tidbit of life at the moment. I found this super cute Dumbo costume last weekend at a garage sale for only $1.50, and knew I could not pass it up. (We had just watched Dumbo for the first time that week, so the timing was perfect.) Once Logan saw it, he happily tried it on. It fit nicely, and I hope it will still fit well come October, but if it doesn't at least I won't be out too much money. With his new costume on, he was excited to go trick-or-treating and asked if we could go in the wagon. How quickly kids pick up on things like that. Last Halloween, it was very difficult to convince him to wear his costume, but once he realized we were serious when we said he wasn't going to get any candy without it, he put it on. Now, Halloween can't come fast enough. His favorite part of the costume is the floppy ears, which he demonstrated flapping for me. The cutest thing is that instead of just calling me "Mama Lion," he now sometimes calls me "Mama Elephant." It's so sweet, and I wish he would stay my baby for as long as possible.


Baby Mine
From "Dumbo"
Music and lyrics by Frank Churchill and Ned Washington

Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part
Baby of mine

Little one when you play
Pay no heed to what they say
Let your eyes sparkle and shine
Never a tear
Baby of mine

If they knew all about you
They'd end up loving you too
All those same people who scold you
What they'd give just for the right to hold you

From your head down to your toes
You're not much, goodness knows
But you're so precious to me
Sweet as can be
Baby of mine 

No comments:

Post a Comment