Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Human Handkerchief

When did I become a walking repository for all things icky? Apparently it was when I became a mom. Little Man has had the sniffles for about a week and a half now, and this conversation just transpired a short while ago.

Me: "You need a tissue."
Logan: "No." {wipes his nose on the sleeve of my no-longer-clean shirt}

This was after he decided to eat his raspberry Jell-o with his hands (It wasn't finger Jell-o.) and then attempted to wipe away the mess on my pants. I know they were just my around-the-house-mom sweat pants, but still they were clean, and I had just put them on after grabbing a quick shower while the kids watched an episode of Diego. (Thank you, Netflix.) I'm sure this is my fault because I have allowed and even suggested that he wipe dirty hands on my clothes (Sometimes that's easier than listening to him get upset.), but having him do it without being told to is new, and I'm not entirely sure I like it. I am a lot of things to my kids but I didn't intend to become a human handkerchief.

No comments:

Post a Comment