Friday, August 12, 2011

There Once Was a Smart Little Girl...

I'm not going to claim that Mia is a genius, but she is pretty clever! She also has a sizable vocabulary for a 4 and 1/2 year old, and constantly amazes me with the connections that she makes. For the past few months, she has been commenting every time that she picks up on homophones. Yesterday, when she wanted to do a project, I suggested that we make a book of homophones that she knows. For the most part, the words are hers; I just made minor clarifications (mostly when I had to ask her to repeat things when I couldn't write fast enough, and then she said something a bit different and I had to check that I got it right). The illustrations are not really her best work, but you get the idea. From a mom's perspective, this is great because it kept her busy for at least a half hour, maybe closer to an hour by the time we put it all together. From a former teacher's perspective, well, I told you I wasn't going to say it, but she's brilliant. I am a proud mommy!










No comments:

Post a Comment