Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mia's June Quotes

As usual, Mia has said some silly, clever, and just plain odd things this past month. I never know what is going to come out of her mouth. Four is a pretty fun age for parenting.

June 5, 2011
While braiding her hair:

Mia: "It's taking too long."

Me: "Well, what do you want me to do?"

Mia: "Um... You can just go faster!"

June 8, 2011
I poured her a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats for breakfast (no milk!) as she requested.

Mia: "I usually call these astronauts."

Me: "Why do you call them that?"

Mia: "Because they are tasty things."

Don't ask; I have no idea.

June 10, 2011
While watching me clean the bathroom:

Mia: "You're a good cleaner!" A bit later she added, "Wow! The sink smells awesome!"

June 26, 2011
She has been picking up on homophones lately. She recently explained to me that there are two kinds of bats- the kind that flies and the kind you hit a ball with, but this one caught me off guard by how funny it is.

Mia: "There's two kinds of nuts. There are acorn nuts and nuts-ohs."

Me: "What are nuts-ohs?"

Mia: "That's when you say, 'Oh, nuts!' because you forgot something."

June 27, 2011
While watching Blue's Clues:

Mia: "Why doesn't our mail come in our window to our chair?"

No comments:

Post a Comment